Resting ....

Ka Ka Na
July 24, 2011

Resting with Blair, Robyn, & Hannah
Ka ka na is one of the latest phrases I've learned in Lugandan ... and it didn't come a moment too soon!  This phrase means "cool down" and is meant to be spoken in a humble, tender, and encouraging way.  It's been 12 days since my last post.  If you can remember that long ago you will recall that I simply sent up a flare calling for prayer help as I was facing password, internet access, and communication problems.  My face in the included photo reflected the stress that I was under.  One person wrote back and remarked the expression on my face was one that only my mother and she could appreciate!

It's gone!  I've cooled down.  A few wrote encouraging words to me, condensed into ka ka na.  Thanks.

Internet access seems to be pretty regular ... for Uganda ... and I've recovered my passwords and just yesterday, at 7 PM, I was able to rebuild the accounting records for Next Generation Ministries! Circumstances have changed.  But must they always determine my attitude?

Living fully alive isn't a matter of circumstances.  If it were, we would live as victims of them.  No, living fully alive is a matter of focus.  What do we see in our circumstances?  Someone wrote, "If we are willing to see - people, circumstances, situations, relationships - all is transparent."  Can I see through these things to find the face of God?
And the Word became flesh and we beheld His glory, begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.  (John 1:14)
Mikki, Hayden, Chris, Ariane, & Ali
The glory of the Father can be seen in the Son.  May my focus be on the Pattern Son as I live in His grace to reflect the same grace and truth.

A team of five arrived in Uganda on Wednesday ... four 17 year old young people and an older adult!  We are thoroughly enjoying them as they enjoy Uganda and what the Lord is doing here.  You can check out what they are doing here in Uganda at Loving Differently.

Comments

  1. Great post Paul! I'll be taking some "ka ka na" time with Kathy for 10 days at Bethel Church in Redding, CA soon. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here.