Surprised By God!

 

Who knew what God’s purpose for my life was? Who knew I would come this far? Only God knew!

A year before I joined the staff of Next Generation Ministries, I prayed for God to avail me of a job that would bring fulfillment to my heart. A job that will become more than a job for me. Something that I would be passionate about. I am very passionate about serving others meaningfully. Bringing a smile to someone else’s face. Instilling hope to the hopeless.  Solving problems in communities. Most importantly, helping others become who God wants them to be through discovering their talents and empowering them. If there is anything that moves me, it is impacting lives. Though my previous employers still loved me, I was ready to grab a new opportunity because I felt I had outgrown my responsibilities in my current position and was anxiously seeking new challenges.  

Towards the end of 2017. Three job opportunities came my way while I still worked at my former job. All three were Non-profit organizations and one of them happened to be Next Generation Ministries. Honestly speaking, NGM was and had never been on the list of organizations I wished to work with then; neither the other two options. My dreams in those times were to work with UN and/or already established Uganda entities like NSSF (the Uganda equivalent of Social Security), Eskom, etc.

It turned out that God “tricked” me and led my feet to the doorway of Next Generation Ministries on 2nd October 2017 to work as the administrator.  An organization that had very little structure, no systems, minimal staff besides the directors … three part-time and one full-time employee.  This is where God brought me. To this apparent dead end.  Little did I know, He was setting me up for a wonderful opportunity for growth, both spiritually and physically.

As the Administrator of NGM, I was able to bring structure and put systems in place. We are not where we want to be but we are not where we used to be. We will get there, God willing.  It is still a journey of transformation for Next Generation Ministries. We have big dreams for this organization.

One of my biggest takeaways while working with this organization is loving and serving others" selflessly. Helping others without expecting anything back and always being grateful for how God has blessed me.

I have served as the administrator for three years in this ministry and at the beginning of this year, the NGM Board of Directors promoted me to Assistant Director. Oh my goodness! While it was/is a scary responsibility, God whispered to me, “I do not call the qualified but I qualify the called.”  In this regard, I kindly request you to join me in prayer as I embrace my new role and responsibility which God has entrusted to me. I am not alone in this organization. I have a team of workmates that I esteem highly. Together, we are passionate about the mission of “Changing Uganda One Person At A Time” through evangelism, providing holistic medical care to individuals, families, and communities that have no access to health facilities due to severe poverty, rescuing mothers at-risk, providing educational support to the orphaned, needy children, as well as providing mentorship for youth through One Step program.  Since this year started we have had 42 people give their lives to Jesus and provided eight surgeries for patients who are now fully recovered.  Such stories bring joy and fulfillment to my heart. I look forward to sharing some of them with you in my future blogs.


I am the happy lady in the red jacket ...
pictured here with my staff, three short-term missionaries,
and two board members on each end.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! Always glad to hear what the ministry is doing and how it's helping people, inside NGM and out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here.